Thursday, July 26, 2012

Wedding Band - The Symbol for Eternity?

The wedding band is said to come from ancient Egyptian custom. The fourth finger, or ring finger, was believed to have a special vein that connected to the heart, and plant rings were fashioned to symbolize everlasting love.

Our American Tradition:

The saying "closest to your heart" has become popular as that is where the wedding band should be placed. Though an engagement ring can symbolize a "staked claim," a wedding band symbolizes a lifelong commitment.

So my question is, do you need 2 rings or is it more just "tradition" or "status" to have the engagement and wedding ring? I personally would love a wedding band because I believe it symbolizes a never ending cycle, eternity and commitment. I have a few friends that would beg to differ, even my fiance thinks we should do the wedding ring along with my engagement ring.

I'm pretty torn, but in any case we are still browsing :) I mean who hates to shop for jewelry right?! (*cough *cough, NOT ME!)

I'm going to keep it simple since I absolutely adore my engagement ring, it looks similar to the picture below.



1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous ring choice !!!!
    This is looks so beautiful , thanks for sharing it.I love this ring , I have give this ring for my wife on this new year .
    wedding bands

    ReplyDelete