Friday, July 27, 2012

Desert Chic - My Wedding Theme

Can it be done? This "Desert Chic" theme I have all planned out in my head...
I'm in love with Palm Springs, CA. I've moved back to this hot and windy place on earth that I call heaven more times than I'd like to admit. It's the only place that I feel at peace and grounded. I've placed my roots down in this sandy place and I fondly call it home. What a better place to have your wedding, than your home? Many people travel from far and wide to bask in the warm, perfect weather we get 9 months out of the year... the other three months I don't want to talk about! (haha, HOT HOT HOT!)

Our wedding date was originally, June 28th, 2013. Umm... NOT GONNA HAPPEN! As we traveled around the valley looking at promising venues for our special day I could slowly see us melting in the summer heat. How could we do that to our lovely guests while they watch us wed? I will not subject them to grueling, sun baking weather just so they can watch us wed. So we've decided to go back to the calendar and see what other date we can come up with. With that said I'd love to share some of my theme ideas! Here are a couple of pictures; they are all borrowed and are linked back to the original owners if you go onto my pinterest wedding board here: http://pinterest.com/madypie/wedding/.

I really do think this theme can work, I just hope our budget will be able to fund what my dreams look like!











No comments:

Post a Comment